Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Oakhurst, CA

So here we are in Oakhurst, CA. It is a little town, NE of Fresno, and there are oak trees everywhere. I don't know what kind of oak trees they are, but they have the biggest damn acorns I have ever seen! Paint me purple and call me crazy, but I always thought acorns were little round guys, but these are huge! And they are shaped like torpedos. They are about 1 1/2 inches long and real pointy. Had to keep one just so I can oooh and aaw over it now and then. We are in a funny little camp ground that sits right on the Fresno River. In my book it would be a creek, but hey, it can be called a river I guess. Very pretty little town. We walked up town before dark and couldn't find one bar that was just a bar and not a bar/restaurant. We did stop at a Mexican restaurant that had a separate bar with an outdoor deck so we had a couple Margaritas and came home. The bartender said there are a couple of little bars in town, but they are further out than we walked. Oh well, that is OK, we just came back home and had a bite to eat and fed the canine outlaws. Sara is getting so demanding since we started Rving. She barks if the water dish is empty, she barks if she wants on the couch or a chair, she is just such a queen, and seems to get more regal the older she gets. Don't know if I'll be able to tolerate her when she is really old! She is 10 now, so guess that means she is 70 in people years. Nice weather here, it is pretty cool this evening. Think we are at about 3000 ft here in the foot hills of the Sierras. Very pretty, lots of trees. Aren't sure the route we are going to take tomorrow to Pine Grove, guess there are several ways to go, so we will have to decide which we want. OK then, till next time.

No comments: