Monday, June 08, 2009

Spring time in WY

Well, we made it to WY. We didn't break any time records because we were afraid we would get there before winter had gone. Of course, you never know it WY. It has been known to snow every month of the year!
We got into Casper and spent several weeks there, betting Dr., dentist and other appointments accomplished. The highlight of our stay in Casper was attending our grandson Jevin's piano recital. What fun that was! He plays really well for only having been taking lessons for 5 months.














We fished the Platte River some while we were in
Casper. We went out to the "Rattle Snake Hole", a favorite of our families to fish. Well, we didn't see any rattle snakes but we saw 6 bull snakes, among them, these two mating! First for us, we had never seen snakes mate before. You can see, the female is not as bright colored as the male. For sure it was spring time in WY!




I did manage to catch a nice 18 inch rainbow that day. It was a really beautiful day, nice and sunny and hardly any wind, which is so rare in WY. While Barry was fishing, I sit down and scribbled down my sentiments.




Spring Time on The Platte




When the morning brings the sunrise, and I stand to face the day,


I realize my "should dos", all seem to fade away.


With the wind only a murmur, my heart reacts with glee,


The river calls me softly, I know where I need to be.




I grab my gear and ponder, what those pesky boys might take,


My arsenal is ready, with flies of every make.


I don my waders, string my rod, and feel the quiver in my soul,


Now I'm only minutes from my long awaited goal.




The wild flowers nod and wave to me, and I smell their spicy scent,


When they speak of paradise, this is what they meant.


I gaze upon the water,oh could there maybe be,


a trout nose on the surface, rising up to feed?




A butterfly flits by me, he's a marvel to see,


A meadow lark sings sweetly, songs meant only just for me.


The trees have ceased their winter sleep, and take on their summer dress,


A black bird calls out to her mate, "Lets hurry, build a nest".




The sound of moving water, gently settles on my ear,


The sun's warmth softly tells me, spring is finally here.


I came to catch a brown trout, or a rainbow maybe two,


When finally I realize, its the whole experience I pursue.



This ol pelican was cruising down

the river, I think he was fishin' too.

So, we finished up all of stuff in Casper, and made our way up north to Dubois, where we will spend the summer.

No comments: