Thursday, June 07, 2007

Hey everyone from AK







Hello again from Alaska. I am putting some photos of our halibut fishing trip on tonight. We went out on a charter boat named the Dawn Treader with good ol Captain Mike. Really nice fella. We took the trailer to Valdez Tues. night, put it in a camp ground and went out Wed. Jeff and Charlene, friends from Casper were up here and they went out with us. We were out almost 13 hours so it was a really long day, leaving us all ready for a good night's sleep. My arms are oh so very sore today from landing those fish, and we didn't even catch any big ones. I caught a ling cod, a very ugly fish (see photo) and a halibut about 20 or 25 lbs. I caught the halibut in about 200 feet of water and holy smokes it is hard work bringing those things in. Barry caught a yellow eye rock fish. That is the picture of him and the orange fish. Crazy looking fish (and crazy looking man) and very very bright color. It was kind of cool and misty most of the day, and the seas were pretty rough. We didn't get to go where the big fish were because of wind and high seas. But, with Dramamine, we did just fine! Gawd I love that stuff. It sure helps a wimp like me that has a tendency to motion sickness. Anyway we spent 2 nights in Valdez. The lady that owned the camp ground was good enough to let our dogs out during the day so they didn't have to hold it for 13 hours. That was a good thing.
We are now back in Glennallen. And tomorrow we will go back to work. We both worked Tues. as the bosses went to Anchorage for shopping. We hope to pick up the flowers tomorrow and get them planted. It still isn't all that warm here, and perhaps won't get really warm, I don't know. We went out this evening and caught a couple of grayling and we both had a jacket on. We are so stupid some times, we went out fishing and didn't take our skeeter spray, and believe me, you don't go any where without your skeeter spray. There are millions and millions of those buggers here, and they are very very large. So far I haven't gotten a single bite, so I don't know if they just aren't biting or if they are impotent, but I am not complaining. There have been lots of them on me, but haven't felt a bite yet.
OK, that is it for today, until later.

No comments: