Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Small world isn't it

Oh, I forgot a couple great stories.

The other day I was working in the office and these two women came to check in. Their husbands had stayed outside in their rigs. The first one's last name was Hoffman and the second one was named Trimble. They were from Redding, CA. I told Linda Trimble that I used to know someone named Trimble. He was the best man at my first wedding. She ask what his first name was, I told her and she went to the door and called her husband in, come to find out Jim Trimble, our best man is Jerry Trimble's, (the guy staying in the park) first cousin! Oh so very weird. Jerry isn't in close contact with him, and said he couldn't remember if it was Jim or his brother Carroll that had died recently, but he is going to contact their sister Lena Sue (they all live in TX, can ya tell, Jim's name is James Washington Trimble III). Anyway that was pretty fun. They left us some apple cider spiked with everclear and cinammon. Just what we need I'm certain! Haven't worked up the nerve yet to try it. We had cocktails that evening with the Trimbles and the Hoffmans.
Then a couple of nights later, Barry came it and said there was a pickup camper in site # 1 with WY license plates on it. We went down there, and it was from 18 county!!!! What are the odds? There are what, maybe 3,000 people in all of Crook Co. and two of them were in our park! We didn't know them, but they live in Pine Haven but did know some of the same people. Still a very small world! OK, now I really am shutting up for tonight. Later

No comments: